Tutka Bay Lodge
- Destination: Within The Wild Adventures
- Duration: 3 days/3 nights
- Price: $2,650
- Available: May 01, 2013 — September 30, 2013
A stay at the lodge includes the following:
- Transportation to and from the lodge, via water taxi from Homer.
- All meals prepared by our award-winning culinary team.
- Daily guided adventure activities including: sea kayaking, local sportfishing from the dock, beachcombing and tidal-pool exploration, coastal touring by boat, nature trail hiking through old growth forests, hiking in the Kachemak Bay State Park Trail System, mountain biking in Seldovia, birding, and wildlife viewing.
- Lodge-based activities include use of sauna and hot tub on the deck, morning yoga classes, one complimentary massage, cooking classes, wine tasting, and other daily scheduled activities.
Children 12 years old and under are 2/3 the adult rate.
The following are optional add-on packages:
- Some Kachemak Bay excursions
- Bear-viewing at Redoubt Bay Lodge or Katmai
We can arrange transportation to and from Homer from other Alaska destinations such as Anchorage or Seward.
Flightsee the Kachemak Bay Area - Charter a local air taxi to view Kachemak Bay from the air. This is a spectacular way to see the Bay and beyond. $500.00
Deep-sea fishing for halibut or salmon - We charter out with a local deep-sea charter company to take you out deep in the ocean beyond Kachemak Bay for large pools of fish. $500.00
Bear viewing at Redoubt Bay Lodge or Katmai - We can arrange either a day trip to Redoubt Bay Lodge for bear-viewing or a charter flight to Katmai (this option involves walking along a beach or rocky area) for the day. $750.00
We offer guided adventure activities such as deep-sea fishing for salmon and halibut, freshwater fishing, ocean kayaking and hiking our unique trail system. Our award-winning cuisine and lodge amenities such as complimentary massage and yoga, afternoon wine tastings and cooking classes offer relaxation and rejuvenation.
The lodge offers an array of activities to introduce you to the Kachemak Bay marine community. In addition to tidepooling and other marine-based activities, we often visit the nearby villages of Seldovia and Homer for art galleries and cultural exploration.
And of course there is the adjacent Cooking School at Tutka Bay, where you create a three-course meal from on one of eight global menus.
Tutka Bay Lodge is located nine ocean miles from the charming seaside community of Homer, along the Kachemak Bay. Access to the lodge is by a twenty-five minute water taxi south across the bay from Homer. Along the way, you might observe various shore and water birds, sea otters, sometimes Orcas, Humpbacks and other marine mammals.