Tutka Bay Lodge
- Destination: Within The Wild Adventures
- Duration: 3 days/3 nights
- Price: $2,650
- Available: January 01, 2013 — December 28, 2013
Carl and Kirsten Dixon have been operating rustic luxury lodges in the backcountry of Southcentral Alaska since 1983. Each of our three authentic full-service lodges offers award-winning cuisine, professional guide service and accommodations, and all with world-class views of Alaska. We offer an exciting collection of adventure activities such as fishing, hiking, bear and wildlife viewing, fly-in hiking and fishing excursions, and more.
A stay at the lodge includes the following:
- Transportation to and from the lodge, via water taxi from Homer.
- All meals prepared by our award-winning culinary team.
- Daily guided adventure activities including: sea kayaking, local sportfishing from the dock, beachcombing and tidal-pool exploration, coastal touring by boat, nature trail hiking through old growth forests, hiking in the Kachemak Bay State Park Trail System, mountain biking in Seldovia, birding, and wildlife viewing.
- Lodge-based activities include use of sauna and hot tub on the deck, morning yoga classes, one complimentary massage, cooking classes, wine tasting, and other daily scheduled activities.
Children 12 years old and under are 2/3 the adult rate.
The following are optional add-on packages:
- Kachemak Bay excursions
- Bear-viewing at Redoubt Bay Lodge or Katmai
We can arrange transportation to and from Homer and from other Alaska destinations such as Anchorage or Seward.
$500.00 Flightsee the Kachemak Bay Area – Charter a local air taxi to view Kachemak Bay from the air. This is a spectacular way to see the Bay and beyond.
$500.00 Deep-sea fishing for halibut or salmon – We charter out with a local deep-sea charter company to take you out deep in the ocean beyond Kachemak Bay for large pools of fish.
$750.00 Bear viewing at Redoubt Bay Lodge or Katmai – We can arrange either a day trip to Redoubt Bay Lodge for bear-viewing or a charter flight to Katmai (this option involves walking along a beach or rocky area) for the day.